MNBS Trust - Moodlakatte Nagarathna Bhujanga Shetty Trust (R), Moodlakatte. The trust was formed in the year 1995 under the leadership of late I M jayaram Shetty. The key purpose of forming the trust was to promote education, social and cultural activities in rural areas of our country. The trust has contributed tremendously in the area of eduction once its inception.
The trust established Moodlakatte Institute of Technology in the year 2004 in a small village called Moodlakatte in Kundapura Taluk of Udupi District. Which is to promote technical education to the rural and needy students.Thousands of rural students have befitted by this and the local people were given job opportunities in the institution.
The trust is continuously working on developing the standard of living in the surrounding areas of Moodakatte by promoting sanitation, agricultural activities and guiding in the proper utilisation of natural resources.
The objectives of the trust are;
- To perform educational, social & cultural activities.
- To promote the spread of Education, Vocational, Technical, Commercial, Academic or Agricultural, Health and for this purpose establish, manage, encourage, aid, support, affiliate or incorporate, school, colleges, or such other institutions at suitable place from time to time and for the purpose, promote, constitute or cause regional organisation committees or sub committees wherever necessary.
- To establish farms and concerns helpful for practical training and benefit of students of the schools, colleges and institutions under the Trust.
- To understand adult schools and colleges for promoting literacy among adults and night school and colleges to enable students to learn while they earn.
- To provide hostels for students and grant concessions, scholarships, freeship and other facilities and incentives for poor and deserving students.
- To collect funds by donations gifts subscriptions in cash kind or service or through such other means as may be lawful and expedient to carry on the activities of the Trust and fulfil its objects.
- To acquire purchase, sell, make over,and gift any or all movable properties, rights, privileges and other assets and interest for the purpose of the Trust.
- To invest and deal with all the monies of the Trust upon such whereas and securities and in such manner as may be determined by the Trust from time to time and to borrow guarantee, raise or otherwise procure monies, with or without giving securities of the assets and investment, of the trust at the discretion of the managing committee.
- To pay in cash or otherwise for any property or rights acquired and service rendered to Trust.
Founder Chairman Late Shri I.M. Jayaram Shetty, Ex. MP.
- Mr. Siddartha J. Shetty, Chairman
- Smt. Vidya J. Shetty, Managing Trustee
- Mr. Ram Rathan J. Shetty, Trustee
Smt. Vidya J. Shetty, Managing Trustee
It is indeed my privilege to welcome all the students to Moodlakatte Institute of Technology, Kundapura. As we just celebrated our decennial year and moving towards 12th year of inception our commitment to quality education, outstanding research, innovation and zest for knowledge continues without any hurdles. Our state-of-the-art infrastructure, well equipped laboratories, a library with collection of rare books, large playground, dynamic Faculty members, strong industry linkages, and an impressive placement record are just a few parameters to prove the commitment of entire MITK family members. I strongly believe that the staff and the students of our Institution as my extended family. In this era of globalization, we face new challenges and opportunities. Now is the time where we train all our beloved students for nation building, indeed the real purpose of education!
Mr. Ram Rathan J. Shetty, Trustee
Moodlakatte Institute of Technology was established with the aim of providing quality education in a peaceful atmosphere equipped with state of the art facilities. Utmost care is taken to ensure that students fulfill their professional objectives. Our skilled, dedicated and experienced faculties provide the students with guidance and intellectual stimulation to enhance the process of learning. Student counseling is comprehensively carried out by staff members to help students performance better in academics and develop their career objectives. We wish our students a very prosperous and bright future.
Mr. Siddartha J. Shetty, Chairman
In India only 6% of the students can make it to higher studies. When it comes to girls the number drops to 4%. These two staggering statistics tells you the real story of education in India. We at MITK are trying bridge this gap through public private partnerships. MITK provides holistic environment for the overall development of students. Well equipped labs and library, ever extending infrastructure, industry – academia partnerships, collaboration with government bodies, corporate social responsibility and last but not the least research and innovation are the prime features of MITK. Our recruiters have applauded the innovative teaching methodology and focus on research. Our placement records are setting new heights every year and with a strong alumni base we are assured of bringing positive changes in the society through quality education.