Message from HOD
Prof. Melwin D'Souza
Head, Computer Science & Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering is one of the Core Department of MIT Kundapura. The aim of the department is to provide high quality education along with training the students with all new advancements in the computer field. Computer science is the real “Rocket Science” for every one that dreamt of becoming a scientist in the any walk of life using computers to solve problems. Students of computer science will study and apply their knowledge in understanding what computers are, as how to program them, tools to write a program, the rules when converting the written program understandable by the computers, the interface between the computer and the user, the computer graphics, computer networking, managing the software database, software engineering and testing them efficiently and more. Now computers are used everywhere to reduce the manpower requirements, easy of computation and to improve the efficiency. So the scope for Computer Science is endless. Computer Science and Engineering students are in high demand as far as industry recruiters are concerned.
Our Department has produced hundreds of professionals and has established a name for itself in the country and abroad. They have consistently excelled in the highly competitive industrial environment, Best Employer/ awards in top-ranking companies. I attribute this success to the winning combination of a dedicated faculty that works hard at imparting quality education, a well-planned syllabus and last but not least, our students.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was started in the year 2004 and Offers under graduate course in Computer Science & Engineering with an intake of 60 students. The Faculty to student’s ratio in the department is 1:15. The main focus of the department is to produce graduates with strong fundamentals in Computer Science and Engineering domain.
- Student faculty Ratio 15:1
- Innovation & Development Cell (IDC) to carry out development programs for students and Faculty.
- MOU between Innovation & Development Cell (IDC) and Software Company, AMPWORKS Pvt. Ltd.
- Zonal center to conduct National level workshop Championship of Azure Skynet and IIT-Hyderabad.
- Zonal Centre for Skill Enhancement Training Program of MCS and TCS.
- Regular Workshops, Technical Talks, Seminars by Technical Experts
- Well-equipped Computer Laboratories with latest server and adequate numbers of nodes.
- High-speed LAN and Internet connections to all the nodes in the laboratory and Wi-Fi enabled lab area.
- Wi-Fi enabled lab area.
The Department is pillared by the qualified and experienced faculty and maintained a student staff ratio of 15:1. The department has a good record of organizing seminars, workshops, and conferences in emerging technological areas. The department has excellent Computer Centre which is equipped with latest hardware and legal software to carry out the innovative projects and to upgrade the practical knowledge of students and faculties. Both Students and Faculties are encouraged to participate in the workshops, technical competitions, and project exhibitions.
Faculty members of Computer Science and Engineering department are highly productive educators and Researchers. They are expert in their respective domain and train the students to gain practical knowledge on current technologies in the industries. The distinction of our faculties is confirmed by their long list of honors and awards in the research and teaching field. Our faculty members aim at delivering top class education blending their rich research experience with class room teaching based on learning centric.
Features of the Department are,
- Experienced and Dynamic Faculty with Teaching, Research and Industrial Experience.
- A well equipped library with magazines and national and international journals etc.
- Job fairs & placement assistance.
- Projects in Industries.
- Training Cell with Personality Development and Soft Skills.
- Industry friendly latest syllabus with individual/team projects in every semester.
- Faculty meetings are conducted often for clarification and follow-ups.
- Students are given additional training on business world by the staff coordinators for better placements and understandings(GD, Business Quiz, Debate on current topics, mock interviews, resume writing etc are done weekly four days)
Laboratories in Computer Science & Engineering department:
- Network laboratory.
- Web programming laboratory.
- Algorithm laboratory.
- Microprocessor laboratory.
- Database applications laboratory.
- Graphics laboratory.
- System software laboratory.
- Computer programming laboratory.
||Senior Assistant Professor & HOD
||Shylesh B C
||B.Sc., MCA, M.Tech., (Ph.D.)
||Muralidhara B K
||Yashaswini A S
||Dhruva P Achar
TRICS-Tribune of Computer Savvier is an association of Computer Science and Engineering in MIT, Kundapura. TRICS is inaugurated on 03-10-2009 by Prof. Dr. Harish, MIT, Manipal University. The vision of TRICS is to bring a new technical genre of students in MITK so as to be the BEST individual in this competitive world and to bring a new technical era of students in MITK. In order to encourage the talent TRICS awards the scholarships to eligible students. TRICS organizes inter-college cultural and Technical competition to improve the skills of the students to exhibit and develop their latent talents. Visit the Site here.
TRICS conducted many inter and intra college fests, national level workshops , technical talk and many other programs in college so that students can involve themself in all the curricular activities to gain lot of knowledge. TRICS also provides a bookstore where students can purchase books in a considerable price and also rent books for due period.
Computer Science and Engineering department has been selected as Zonal Centre for organizing National level workshop Championship sponsored by IIT-Bhubhaneshwar and IFC3.
Two days Workshop on CISCO Networking certified by IIT Hyderabad was conducted in the department. Resource person- Mr Neeraj Kumar
Computer Science Department of MITK, a premier Institute in Udupi district has organized a two day workshop on Digital image processing & its applications. The workshop was inaugurated by the chief guest & resource person Prof.Harivinod N, VCET Puttur.
In his keynote address he emphasized the role of technology plays in the daily life and the opportunity it gives us to learn the new technologies.
Principal of the Institute, Dr. Kataiah, in his presidential speech added that students should fully utilize all the workshops organized by the department and they should be familiar with recent technologies emerging in the digital era.
Prof. Melwin D’Souza, HOD Dept. of CSE was present on this occasion. Prof. Dhanya Shenoy welcomed the guests and took over the master of ceremony.
Inaugural Ceremony of activities under the forum TRICS for the academic year 2017-18 & Technical Talk on "Machine Learning & its Applications" by Muralikrishna S N, Senior Assistant Professor, MIT Manipal is Scheduled on Tuesday 5th September 2017 at Seminar Hall.